Because mom and Pop small businesses rule.
It is national mom and pop business owners day, and you know what that means, and if you don’t, you’ve come to the right place. National Mom and Pop business owners day is more than just a good excuse to support the mom and pop business near you, but to acknowledge the fact that our communities would not be the same without them.
They are the very roots of our nation and make up a lot of the business we are surrounded by daily, more than 27 million to be exact. They often do not get the recognition that they deserve, leaving them without support that they need to keep going, to keep contributing to our communities. Which is much more than most of us think, so to celebrate this day we have come up with some facts to encourage you to shop local and support our mom and pop small business! Including the following;
- 90% of U.S. businesses are family owned
- Family business account for 78% new jobs created and 64% GDP
- On average American family firms donate 50K a year
- The survival rate of family businesses decreases more and more with each passing down through the generations
- Walmart, Nike, Subway, Patagonia and Dell all started as small businesses
- Research shows that family businesses are less likely to lay off employees regardless of financial performance