It’s an environmental awareness day.
Did you know that World Environment Day is celebrated all across the world, this year’s World Environment Day is focused on beating plastic pollution, and that India is the host? Plastic pollution is one of the biggest issues we face with pollution overall, and is getting worse with every passing moment. Just to put it in perspective, did you know that Around the world 1 million plastic drinking bottles are purchased every minute? And that 500 billion disposable plastic bags are used worldwide every year? That is a whole lot of plastic to go around, a little too much for our earth’s well being. If you’re anything like us when finding out devastating statistics like that, you may be wondering what you can do, if anything? Well it’s great you asked, because we have come up with a list of things that you can do to make an impact and help!
- If you can’t reuse it, refuse it!
- Does is represent your brand the way you want it to?
- Start using paper bags, or cloth bags when grocery shopping!
- Only shop biodegradable, avoid buying plastic packaging at all costs.
- Pick up the trash when you see it on the ground!
You can learn and read more about it here.